- The Great Grey Owl is located in North America, Scandinavia, Russia, Mongolia
- They have asymmetrical ear openings that help them find prey by sound alone. The left ear opening is higher on the head than the right ear opening which enables precise directional hearing and lets them nab invisible prey.
- They are active at night and at dusk and dawn. They also hunt during the day, especially when they have nestlings or during the winter months.
- In many areas the Great Grey Owl is considered to be an endangered species
- It looks like they have a white mustache and a black bow tie.
Please follow and like us: